The great thing about a seasonal job with YHA is the sheer variety that the role offers. You’ll get involved in all aspects of running the hostel, learning plenty of new skills and different approaches, including:
- Working on the reception to check in guests, answer queries and make sure every customer has the best possible experience.
- Preparing food in the kitchen and serving meals to our guests, maintaining our high food and hygiene standards.
- Keeping us looking our best by assisting with the general housekeeping, from cleaning bathroom facilities and making beds to sprucing up the communal areas.
- In some locations you might be asked to assist with our outdoor activity packages.
- You may also support conferences and events held at our hostels.
Don’t worry if you’ve never worked a season with YHA before, or if you’re unfamiliar with one or more of these tasks. You’ll come along to an induction day to get to grips with your new role and to get settled in. We’ll take you through everything, from housekeeping to safeguarding.